Microsoft Excel and terminology – How do they fit together? Not at all, of course, for fully-fledged, company-wide terminology management. For batch or offline editing of terminology data, however, MS Excel is often an option. MS Excel is also frequently used at the preliminary stage of terminology work. So why not link this practical tool with professional, company-wide terminology management?
Useful for individuals and companies
For the individual user, Excelling can be useful if the content of a field needs to be changed simultaneously in a large number of entries. Or if a larger quantity of data needs to be exported for easy editing across multiple data records and subsequently imported again. Excelling is also well-suited to easily importing Excel files into Kalcium.
At companies, Excelling decentrally supports two fundamental processes:
- Approving or editing of entries by persons who do not have Kalcium Quickterm. A termbase can simply be filtered and exported to Excel, edited in Excel, and
then directly imported from Excel back into Kalcium.
- The multilingual development of a termbase by external employees who do not have Quickterm. For this application, a specific filter for "untranslated" entries can be combined with any other filter to export the desired parts of the termbase to Excel, where they can be translated by a translator directly in Excel. Then the file is directly imported from Excel back into Kalcium.
- Batch editing
- Adding or checking foreign languages
- Excel export
- Excel import
- Data migration
Manually or automatic
Tasks can be executed either once or automatically at specified times.
Following tasks can be executed automatically:
- Excelling export
- Excelling import
- Reorganize termbases (only relevant for MultiTerm termbases)
- Update Elasticsearch termbase cache
- Import termbase content
- Update termbase availability
Then download our Solution Brief and find out more about Kalcium Excelling!
Our Other Products
Do you want to manage terminology in your company professionally and provide the easiest possible access for everyone? Then Kalcium Quickterm is the right choice for you!
How do you check whether company-wide terminology is actually being adhered to in every document? You can do this quickly and easily with Kalcium Checkterm.
Kalcium, our powerful platform for Quickterm and Checkterm as well as plug-ins such as Excelling, Synching, or Publishing, offers additional benefits for users and IT departments.
Do you find translator queries tedious? With Smartquery you can organize queries effortlessly, turn them into lasting knowledge, and improve the quality of translations and source texts.
Want to Know More?
Our range of software is varied and can usually be tailored precisely to your requirements. Simply get in touch for a non-binding consultation, during which we explore exactly how to provide you with the best possible support!Yes, I want to know more!